Re: Good GM/Bad GM

Pontiac and Chevrolet are the only two who can sell cars.

Who under 60 wants a Buick? Olds still had potential but they kept Buick .

Historical Cadillac customers don't drive trucks.

Why have GMC and Chevy Trucks? Why have Ford and Mercury?

All questions we've been asking for the last 20 years and nothing changes.

What should go on their graves stones is that they were taken over by staff people when line people should have been making the decisions. Bean counters! Give the people what you think they need rather than give America what they want. The Lee Iacoccas, the Harley Earls, the John Deloreans and Zora Duntovs all sit in the back seat now.

What people dont understand is that it's over it just a matter of time.

Reply to
Speaker of the Truth

I must agree. Ditto for Blockbuster, Sears/Kmart, and a few others - evolve or die. That said, I'd make Corvette a separate division. They rarely said Chevrolet on them anyway.... who'd really care?

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Appears I'm not that far off. Corvette is already marketed that way in Europe and Japan.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino