Why GM is Failing BADLY!!!

So why is GM going down the drain? Take a stroll through any GM dealers lot and the reason is obvious. TOTALLY LACKLUSTER CARS........ Like others have said, it looks like the rental lot at Hertz.

Let's take a look!

Malibu....BORING.......Horrid colors, overpriced compared to the Japs and does nothing really well. That extended semi-suv version is laughable.....UGLY....

Impala? According to what I hear the police package model is literally falling apart just sitting on the lot. Another totally boring, and OVERPRICED ($27,00 for an SS model???) car.....

Monte Carlo? Ok, it's a bit better than previous models but.............. Still FWD???? WTF??? OVERPRICED again...and take a look at that interior. It sucks............

Cobalt? Now here is a car with some potential, but once again GM fscked it up. The car (ss version) has tons of power but can't corner worth a shit.... Yea........ That's GM all over......

Corvette...that's a give...one of the best cars ever made.

Up coming Camaro? GM will over price it and fsck it up with some base package that turns the car into a slug....

Hey GM want to know how to sell cars?

Look at Chrysler and Ford.... The Mustang, even in a bas model is a looker, fast, has plenty of standard options and will cost you less than $20k..... The V6 has PLENTY of power. Want more? For $25k you can have a GT, again VERY well equipped even in base models.

How about Chrysler? Ok, I think they are ugly and a little overpriced, but there is plenty of bargaining room in the price and even the V6 Charger has plenty of power. Go up to the Hemi and you are talking serious power and comfort all at once. Again, nicely equipped in a base model.

So GM?

How will you fsk up the Camaro.....

My predication:

Optional: keyless entry, tilt steeringpower door locks,power windows,decent sound system, decent rubber and rims, Standard:

Shit interior and an underpowered engine... Anyone remember the 1982+ Camaros with the 4 cylinder engines? Here we go again...

GM has a knack for screwing things up and they will do it again.

Again GM, take a look at the Ford Mustang, study it, copy it's marketing philosophy and you will have a winner. Do business as usual and you will have another loser like the Monte Carlo SS.

Reply to
winston.shung

~snip~

Snooze.............nothing new here. Everything you said has already been said, many times, by others. Come back if you ever have an original thought.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Sounds like you work for GM. I got almost EXACTLY the same answer when I sent them an email a couple of days ago. Seems nobody is listening.

Reply to
winston.shung

Post the response to the group, be nice to hear what they had to say!

Why did you email them?

I think some of GM's tricks are jokes...

I saw the original thread started with listing some models -- the Monte Carlo... what the hell was up with hte first monte carlos they came out with in the new style, they were the same friggin style as the LUMINA for god sake ... a midsize family car! I can only assume they were the same car, the styles of the newer monte's is only slightly better.

The new SS Was just a waste of time... they need to put a real motor under the hood, and move the drives to the back where they should be, and sever this never before seen lumina blood line.

Another question, why did they ever call the VAN and the CAR both luminas... could it get any more confusing?

Reply to
Picasso

Yes you may be right on those models, but you forgot the the stunning 1 ton Express van......Styling that turns heads, so much power I can go uphill at

45mph! (without a load), and an astounding 8-10 miles per gallon on the highway.....he he he.

AZCRAIG

Reply to
cm

I don't think most buyers are worried about "Bling". After 4 or 5 years things go wrong with GM and Ford cars that should never go wrong ever. After you drop 20+ grand on a car you expect it to last more than a few years. Toyota and Honda kick GM and Ford ass for that reason. Nothing will change until US automakers develop a proven track record of quality. Bullshit and promises aren't going to work anymore.

Reply to
NickySantoro

NickySantoro wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Domestic's 'track record' and reliability are in the negative numbers, compared to the top asian's, BUT Sooooo Much better than the domestic mid

80's quality (or lack of).......baby steps, i guess????........kjun
Reply to
KjunRaven

The general public is thinking mpg. There are a few that have a valid reason to buy a 10 - 18 mpg barge but most don't need it or can't afford the gas.

If auto makers live up to their typical response to this demand it will probably take 3 to 5 years before they start putting out what the public wants in 2006 which means the big horse power cars and trucks should get real cheap, to get them off the lot.

So buy that hemi or SUV this fall, maybe get two, one to run and one to stash away to sell on eBay in 20 years.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Personally, I think small cheap cars like the Cobalt/Escort/Camry are made to look like ugly boxes. Take a look at the expensive cars. Check out a CLS 500, M6, F430, or a Murcielago, or my favorite: 2006 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. Then look at a Cobalt, Focus, Camry, or any Chrysler product - UGLY! IMO, there is no reason not to make the Cobalt look just like the Vanquish. Stick in a reliable V-6, sell it for $20k and I'd buy one. I will guess that nearly everyone would buy one. They would sell hundreds of thousands of them. Unfortunately, they would not sell anything else. What do you want your next car to look like:

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

For that kind of money, you'd think they would have a decent looking front end. That grill reminds me of a fish.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

snip

In the city where I live, there's a shit load of Impalas on the streets. I wonder if all these people can be that wrong about they choice of car.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

Hmmm, now that you mention it... Looks like one of those bottom feeders.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Does that mean the Camry is a piece of crap? ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Do you live in a ghetto? If so, all those Impala's you see are actually unmarked police cars :0

Easy to work on? I guess thats a good point, but not one new car dealers will want to extol to potential customers: "And m'aam, this Brand New Impala is easy to work on ( implying it will be in the shop quite a bit )". :0

My theory stands..GM doesn't have a clue what AVERAGE car buyers want...

Reply to
DontSpamMe

Perhaps in your opinion. But your opinion is that of a minority, since GM as well as Ford sell a lot more vehicles than any import. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That is one market where the Daimler-Chrysler merger has brought a strong new competitor into the market, the Dodge Sprinter, which is essentially a European all purpose van. Several decades advanced beyond the horrid large vans from GM or Ford.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Hmmm, years back you used to make that claim about GM, Ford and Chrysler. Now of course you have had to back off. In the years ahead you will get to backpedal more.

I am reminded of the armless, legless soldier in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie famously demanding that his attackers come back and fight like a man.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Apparently buyers do not agree with your opinion. They by far more vans from Ford and GM.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I am merely reporting facts, not my opinion. Indeed Toyota is now outselling Chrysler in the US. However for how great some seem think they are, the only vehicle that Toyota sell that leads in it class is the Camry. In most other classes the top seller is a Ford, GM, Chrysler or Honda model. Just the facts the way they are, and apparently Toyota is second, or more to many others when it comes to what American buyers prefer, and thus a minority opinion.

mike hunt

.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Just like cars, huh, Mike? Do you ever have anything to say besides sucking off GM? Are you paid by them to shill their products on the NG's? (if so, their marketing department apparently sucks as much as their engineering.) Open your eyes, GM is making s**te and has made s**te for the past three decades, if they want to survive they are going to have to make some big changes like yesterday.

nate

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
N8N