Re: Move on Sal

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:02:31 -0500, ZÿRiX wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ok I personally have driven my vette 165MPH and have truly felt that speed, >and have driven a passat up to around 90 (LA freeways everybody does 90 when >clear or 25 when full of traffic) and did not feel near the control in the >passat at that low of a speed as I did in my 98 vette at that great of >speed. >

There are good & logical reasons why a Sports Car doesn't feel & drive like a Sedan. Or vice a versa.

Now your statement "It's reasonably safe to drive 150-250 MPH in Germany" >is just plain stupid unless you have a full roll cage and a full harness >seat belt and helmet you are far from safe. >And the Autobahn is not very safe for driving fast either as there are a lot >of slow moving vehicles like tractor trailers on it as well, I'm sorry I >would not want to be coming up on a truck going 60MPH and me doing 150MPH >that would suck if he had to swerve. >

It is reasonable safe to do any number of things, but really not advisable if you don't know what you are doing, or surrounded by others who do not. This of course is the case on the Autobahn, where to begin with most cruise at around 100/120 KPH, not MPH. However, rarely is the large majority of it free from enough traffic to do so until very late at night/early morning.

There is really little difference between coming up behind anything without knowing what the other driver will do. Given all my options, I would rather come up from behind a German Driver, then most Americans I see on the road in the states. Driving in on the Autobahn/Autostrasse/Autostrada system can be a real kick in the pants. Driving most US Highway systems is simply boring. Did we really cut most of them through the most unscenic parts of the country on purpose, or was it just cheaper?

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses