F-150 2005 with V6 4.2L

Has anyone tried or bought a V6 F-150 2005?

Any idea about gas mileage and sufficient power?

I understand that it is now available.

Thanks,

GR

Reply to
GR

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:39:06 -0600, "GR" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I drove the six, the 4.6 v8, and the 5.4 v8. I ended up going with the 4.6 because of IMHO a smoothness and torque issue when towing. It is really going to depend on what you are going to do with the Truck. I haven't even run a full-tank of fuel yet, it is that new. It looks like the 4.6 in my normal driving is getting about 20+ MPG. I'll let you know once I fill up. However, since it isn't even broken in yet the first sets of numbers may not be reliable indications.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I have a 2004 Quad cab with the 5.4, had the 4.6 in my 1997.

If you plan on towing at all go with at least the 4.6 L.

I doubt you will see better mileage of any significance with the 6.

My 5.4 2005 gets better mileage than my 97 4.6 ever did, but only 17.5 tops. I would question that any of them will get anything better, maybe 1 mpg better with a 3:55 rear.

Reply to
MikeT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:23:56 -0500, "MikeT" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Just bought an `05 with the 4.6. First tank of gas in mixed driving was 17.87. Hoping it will improve slightly as it breaks in.

Reply to
ZombyWoof