Re: Question on opinions "88"

OK,,,,some of you guys please give me your thoughts. I have had in mind an older vette but have found what seems to be a great deal on an *88*, and its a convertable,,will that take away some of the rough and rattle problems and being a later c4 will it likely be more dependable etc. Is there any particular problems with thse models as compared to other years? Just some educated advice needed,,Thanks,,Dan

I posted some of this a week ago about an 84

"Your opinion may vary from others. Cars are made to enjoy and give pleasure to their owners. Buy it , drive it and enjoy There's a car, or 2, out there for everybody."

Any way of you like it go get it, have fun I had an 87convertablie loved it Change out the suspension as you need to , just dont do anything for at least 6 months intil you decide exactly what you really want

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Dan, I have an 88 roaster all options and from arizona with 34,ooo. Now in the real world thats hard to beat except maybe the mileage. Another fellow had mentioned to you about changing out the suspension. If you look for the Z51 package in your 88 and the car is all original, you may only have to change out the Delco Blisten shocks. The Z51 package comes with the larger tires--this was the first year that Chevy offered a 17 in. wheel as an option and it wasn't until 90 that it became standard equipment for the rest of the C4s. Remember one thing--these are low HP vehicles (245). Of course, with many enhancements not breaking down the engine, it's possible to get close to 275+. If you want a little more speed and HP, you would have to spend a little more money starting in

1990+ for a ZR1 which HP may be up around 350. Most people get into these lower HP C3s and C4s and become unhappy with them. I've gotten my C4 now to burn a good posi strip for 40 or 50 ft. in an automatic. So that seems to be fast enough for everybody else in my family but me. It will do for now--it's not like the old days. Hope that helped--Jim

*** Sent via

***Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Reply to
jim brennan