Trickle Charging?

Has anyone ever thried a charger from CTEK ?

A show on SPEED (Dream Car Garage) spoke highly of them.

Thanks for any comments.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Battery Tender is a brand name for a "float charger". You can buy a "float charger" at other places for less $ than Battery Tender that does the same job; i.e.. Harley shops sell Battery Tender because their new AGM ( absorbed glass mat) batteries must not be overcharged and require a "float" system. You can go to a Suzuki shop and buy a "float" charger made by Yuasa (largest battery manufacturer) for about 1/2 the price and it does the same job. I use it for my bikes and my '75 Vette. Just switch it around from machine to machine and I haven't bought a battery in a long time.

Reply to
W. Moore

see your point Dad. believe you're talking about a different Harbor Freight charger than I have. the trickle charge light on the Harbor Freight charger I have never goes out. don't believe its a float charger, just a charge/trickle charger. I looked on Harbor Freights page

the one I have is no longer offered. g'day

Reply to
'Key