Holley 02818 carb 64' 327

Hey group, I just got my hands on a complete, working 02818-1 Holley carb. I understand it's OEM on a 1964 327 350hp vette. Is there a market for this out there? I'd like to sell it but don't know of any credible venue for it.....any suggestions? Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Ervin

That type of carb came on 65 Corvettes, but the one you have probably didn't. Corvette nuts pay high dollar for "numbers correct" parts, but to be the correct Holley 2818 it would have to have the model number "R2818A" and part number "3849804" stamped on the air horn, along with the appropriate

3-digit Julian date code for their car's birthday, otherwise it's just another Holley aftermarket carb (that could be useful as a functional replacement).

eBay is your best bet, but don't misrepresent it as a Corvette carb unless it has those numbers.

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
Charles Ervin

---------------- I must have picked up 1000 Carbs at Carlisle this summer looking for a specific Carb for a very correct High Horse 68, that is owned by a friend in Florida...

My instructions were to BUY any correct one for under $100 even if it looked like it spent the last 30 years under water... rebuilt or restored ones were quoted" in the $400 to $700 range.. ...and those prices were "qoutes" from vendors IF they could come up with one...

I did not see a single correct Carb during the 3 days I looked... Its rare when you can not find something at Carlisle..its usually just a question of how much are you willing to pay...

Follow the advice that Wayne gave you and see what you really have... some are very rare some are quite common and 99 percent of us can not tell a correct one from one that is not correct unless we had a NCRS book in out hands...

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.