ZR1 oil drain plug washer.

Anyone know where I can find a washer for a LT-5, oil pan drain plug? Are these used on any other models?

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

360-3100 x101 Sarasota(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Bob I

That would be the one. The O ring is tired and I have a nuisance leak. Sounds like the LT1 version is the same.

Thanks!

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Reply to
Bob I

Nothing special about the LT-5, it uses the same drain plug as most any other stovebolt Chevrolet engine, including the 4 cylinder Cavalier. Just pay attention to the thread your model used. Dorman part #65314 $4.72 Dorman part #090024 $13.33 Fram part #SD1 $13.15 1/2 - 20 th'd Fram part #SD4 $13.15 12mmx1.75mm th'd Problem with the seal is that it's not an O-ring and it's not a washer. It looks more like a seal from a QKD piping system. Sort of a light bulb cross section with the tip of the bulb touching the thread. Size is .840 OD, .093 cross section, .630 ID, and the web closing down the ID to .425. So if you can get a washer cut out of .093 thick Viton sheet you're all set. There are 4 of them setting on my bench from the last 4 new cars I've serviced which I replaced with magnetic plugs. The only changes I see is the hex size changed some time around 2004. Got to throw them out some day.

Reply to
Dad

The plug is fine. It's the funky washer that's the problem. I sourced the washer part at the local GM dealer. Ten bucks for the washer. For an oil change the filters cost a bit more. Both are special order according to the dealer. I use Red Line oil too, so an oil change adds up close to $100.00 when it's all said and done. 600 HP under the hood is priceless though. Rippie and Lingenfelter both had their hands in it. Goes around corners and brakes like a go-kart to boot.

Thanks all,