'99 oil pan drain plug torque

Hi all,

I'm changing the oil in my new (to me) '99 Black and tan and the only reference I have is for the M1 1.6L. I imagine it's probably to the 30 Lb-ft the older one requires, but I thought I'd check here first.

TIA, Steve

Reply to
Steve Vernon

I've always used 40 Nm which is about 30 lb-ft I believe

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones
22 to 30 lb/ft is what the 90 shop manual (1.6L) says.

Ken

Reply to
KWS

Forgot to say that my car is a 2000 1.8iS

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones