1991 Dodge Dynasty 3.3 ignition problems

Had to replace electronic ignition coil about 4weeks ago,car ran fine. Took it for a 600 mile trip for Thanksgiving. Husband took to work, he barely made it home, running very rough, then would not start. Husband changed spark plugs, wires, no change. Replaced with another ignition coil, car ran great for about 20 miles, had to be towed again. We were told perhaps we needed a ballast resister replaced. Where is the ballast resister located? Nobody seems to know, manual metions nothing about it.

Reply to
Terrie59

There is no ballast resistor for that vehicle. check basics, check spark at plugs and then check fuel pressure to start. Don't just throw parts at it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

DOH!!!

I went out and popped the hood of my 1991 Dynasty, and didn't see what I recognized to be a ballast resistor......... guess that answers THAT question!!!

thanks from me also, Glenn!!!

Reply to
markansas859