1992 Dodge Colt 1.5 Engine

My colt was running fine till the check engine light came on and my car started spurtting and it cut off ,you can crank it back up but it will shut off in about 5 mins , you can crank about one more time then when it shuts off , it won't crank up till maybe an hour later. Everything on the car is original so I started with the fuel filter changed that and nothing still does the same. Someone said check the MAP sensor but I have no idea where that's located at . So any help I'll greatly appreciate thanks.

Reply to
caramelicious78

The map sensor is in the air filter housing. When you pull off the front of the housing there is an assembly attached that contains the map. That said, you can't test it. But, you can read the computer with just an analog meter. You know, the old kind with a needle instead of digital readout. Don't use a light. It may draw too much current and damage the computer. Get a manual at to library or buy one and it will tell you how to read the engine codes. It's easy. It's also too long to post here. At least it's too long for me to type it all out. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

That's the MAF sensor - a Karmen Vortex sensor. A MAP sensor needs to be between the throttle valve and the intake valve.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

OOPS! That's right, of course. ERS

Reply to