1999 Dodge Caravan A/C intermittent

I have a 1999 Dodge Caravan that when the A/C has been turned on, the blower started making noise. Now when the A/C is turned on, sometimes it won't come on at all. Is this the fan blower, and if so, how can I replace it? Or is it something else?

Reply to
shelley4840

This just happened last month on my 1997 GC ES.

Fan speed related rattling, occasionally the fan stopped completely.

Seems the round adhesive label on the back of the right dash top speaker fell off and into the blower fan behind the glove box.

Open glove box. Pop the two door retainer straps off each end and remove the glove box door. Three-finger hinge is easy to figure out.

Nut driver with flexible shaft applied to five or six screws and the bottom cover drops down.

With a mirror and flashlight looking up into the fan case I found the paper label resting against the blades of the fan. Once it was removed, the fan spun freely and made no noise.

Cover back on, screws in place, glove box door back on hinge and straps replaced.

Simple as that.

Good luck.

Mike G.

-