2000 Caravan Throttle Body butterfly

I have a 2000 Caravan 3.3 144K and the dealer says it need to be cleaned. I can easily get the butterfly and area around it clean. Does the dealer cleaning also include taking off the throttle body and getting the inside too? Is this necessary for me to do? I have a shop manual and it appears that removing the body is a DIY project. The van runs fine with no issues and normal gas mileage. Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

USUALLY they do not remove it.

Reply to
clare

When I clean the throttle body I remove it to take the idle motor out and clean the seat and pintle. I also disconnect the battery to relearn the adaptive idle values. Keeping the throttle body clean about every 60k miles reduces stalling and idle fluctuations. The most common symptom is stalling while coming to a stop. Bryan

Reply to
John Smith