2001 dodge caravan evaporative leak

Started with yellow check engine light,emissions system checked 3 times including smoke test,couple of clamps replaced,new vent valve installed after fuel tank removed,engine light came back on, BUT now the fuel can only be drizzled into the half empty fuel tank apparently the fuel nozzle is continuously shut off by back pressure as if the tank is filled to the brim but isn't. Computer replaced and a second vent valve installed replacing the first new vent valve. Well, the engine light is still off(for 4 days)but still must slowly drizzle fuel into tank. Any ideas ? Thanks, Joe the monet_man or should it be Jonah?

Reply to
monet_man

Ok, are you the one doing the repairs or is this what was done at the shop? If the nozzle is shutting off and no gas going in or just a drizzle the first thing to check is the vent hose at the tank for a restriction. And if the lite is still on more then likely the leak was not found.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

thanks for your response Glenn all work done at chrysler dealer here in hobe sound. the light has been off for 5 days now but in the past after it was reset it usually came back on within a week or less.The chrysler dealer has asked for the car again on monday to try a couple of things supposedly on the advice of chrysler.a TSB regarding an erroneous DTC 0456 code implicated the PCM which was replaced and may take care of the engine light. monday they will be trying to undo the drizzle fuel syndrome and your theory may be the answer ...I'll certainly let them know what you said..ok to use your name?

Reply to
monet_man via CarKB.com

They aren't going to know who I am so my name means nothing. But let me know what they find.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
monet_man via CarKB.com

Reply to
monet_man via CarKB.com

What was the fault code found and as far as the gas shutting off have you tried another pump? is it all service stations?

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
monet_man via CarKB.com

Normally when you have a hard time filling the tank it is due to a blockage in the vent part of the fuel tank neck . Im wondering if someone tried to repair that small leak by doing something they weren't supposed to do and now caused another problem

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to