2005 Dodge Neon Problems Starting

My 2005 Neon SXT has failed me several times since mid 2005 purchase. The car began to fail after 4 months from purchase date to current July

2006. The car won't start, approx. 6:30am each morning and I continue to attempt to start it for 10 minutes. After that time it finally starts after opening and shutting all doors/trunk. Recently, took car to dealers and they found nothing wrong with it. Next time it does not start I plan to get it towed. Note: The car has never left me stranded and eventually will start.

When I purchased car I order it with no "car alarm", so my guess either their is a problem with the ignition or dealer not disconnecting the alarm system correctly. I carry two keys, since car will start with one key and not the other.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Deb

Likely its a defective part...

No-start and no-crank problems aren't the easiest to troubleshoot. You didn't give us enough information.

- Does your car crank but not start, click but doesn't crank, doesn't do anything... when you turn the key the first time(s)?

- Have you tried jumping it or have you always just tried for several minutes then it started? Don't just tow, try jumping it.

Just need a lot more information about the specific details on this problem. Off hand it sounds like it could possibly be a low battery, a bad cell in your battery, or a defective starter.

- Is your Neon Auto or Manual??

- If the dealership told you there wasn't a problem, they MUST haven't had problems starting it because if they did they would've tried to get you in for service (warranty or not). That means it COULD be user error. Make sure you use the right key every time, make sure the car is in P or N every time you try to start it. Make sure you have the brake on Auto, or the brake and clutch depressed when you try to start on a Standard.

That's the big thing, I guess. If the dealer said there was no problem, there might not really be one.... But LOL at that, because I they've been wrong before. Get on your local Craigslist you can find someone to come check your car out for dirt cheap.

Reply to
Bulldog06
100% acoording to previus reply. My concern is: why you carry two keys? only one works? are those not identicals? Julio
Reply to
JuliofromHouston

"Previus reply"? What the f*ck are you talking about?

Learn how to use a real newsreader, you ignorant Google Groups loser.

Reply to
Dan C

Your car has "AntiTheft" installed. All Chryslers do. That is why you have the key with the thick gray colored end. It has a chip in it to tell the car to start. The plain metal key with the thinner coating is the emergency key to use to unlock the doors to get in if you locked your keys in it. If you use that to start your car, it will not start, and after 4 to 5 times it will shut down your car for 10 minutes. Use the thicker key, And better yet, read the @%#$^ owners manual so you know what your doing!

Reply to
hartless

Reply to
none2u

If the car will start with one key and not the other, then it sounds an awful lot like your theft deterrent system is on the fritz. The keys have an RF chip in each one, and the theft system activate a fuel cut off if it cannot read the correct RFID from the key when you attempt to start the car.

If you had them disable it, then this is likely your problem. this is a standard feature on the '05 neons, probably not something I'd mess with.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard