89 grand caravan

is there anywhere i can get a cold air intake and some after market tail lamps?? euro, altezza??

-- Charlie

"Do or do not: there is no try." - Yoda

Reply to
Charlie

the caravan is a 3.0L sorry i forgot to mention that

-- Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

==================================

WHAT?

On a 1989 Caravan?

What next, ground effects? Neon running boards? A genuine imitation fart-can exhaust made from an empty Yuban coffee can?

Reply to
All American

OK....I can understand a Civic...a Mazda 3...a Scion tC

but an EIGHTY NINE CARAVAN?????

Bling bling!

OK...actually the Cold Air may improve performance JUST barely noticable, and may actually improve fuel economy.

But the Altezza tail lights? I hope you're REALLY doing this thing up, and I wanna see a pic when you get done...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL!

Actually, there was a nice GE kit available for the Caravan that looked pretty nice, esp in white. It wasn't too much, and really improved the looks of the vehicle.

I think they're about $500 for this model (yeah...I did look into it...what I was going to do was cut mine down and turn it into a 'pickup', like the Deora from the 60's...)

Here's the real thing:

Hachiroku

Christ a cold air intake and altezza's are worth more then the Van. Seriously! No, Really! You really think a company is going to make Altezza's for a 15 year old Van? How many 89's are still on the road. Maybe 10,000. Out of which how many want to add dumb ass Altezza's for taillights. Oh, yes a nice cold air intake so I can spool up my oil burning 3.0 Liter and chirp the tires on some sand. P.S. You can make your own Intake! Oh, and if you googled for it you can probably find how to do it!

Reply to
David Beat

the way i see if your gonna pimp something be original, as far as the tail lighjts im gonna cover them with Vynal that i have cut a pattern out of ya know bling bling

-- Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
Adam

Reply to
Adam

is there any specific site for this GE kit that anybody knows of???

-- Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

There was a ground effects company from Canada, that had alot of ground effects stuff for older vehicles. I cannot remember the name of the company though. I believe they were in Edmonton, Alberta. You can try to Goolge. Also try Erebuni. They have some Clearance special on Running boards that fit 89-96.

Reply to
David Beat

Actually, what a friend of mine did for an LHS:

went to E-bay

bought generic mandrel-bent tube.

Drilled a hole for a sensor to accomodate the sensor and a gasket.

Ordered an air filter.

Assembled the whole mess and had himself a cold air intake.

Worked pretty well, and cost him all of $12...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, what Dave said. Google it and a mess of them will come up! I was surprised!!!

You may not be able to find a facia for such an old one, but the side mouldings should work, since the body sides are about the same.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find a whole new facis (I thought the pre '92's were UGGGG-LYYYY!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah! IIRC, Erebuni had a REAL nice kit.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've got one on my 87, just a longer pipe on it basically, guy who owned it before me put it on. he even did the stupid hole for a 90mm fan (and mounted the fan) into the computer box (and the fan don't work, BUT at least i don't have to worry about sucking up water)

Just got a 99 T+C instead today (well, pick up on friday) and to be honest, i'm glad. Damned old thing never ran well when the temp was over 50F, and in eorgia, thats a lot of the time.

Reply to
flobert