96 Intrepid Drive Train Computer

I have one that had the computer downshift at highway speeds and just tore the tranny up. Been replaced with working one, shifted on jacks through all gears, backed out of drive to road test then won't shift out of low. Turned it off restarted then ran through the gears great. Been told sounds like the DT computer,what cha think?

Reply to
hrailey

What you experienced is called "limp in" mode. It happens what one of the sensors in the transmission tells the computer there is a problem. It's designed to help prevent the transmission from self-destructing. In this mode all you get are what the manual portion of the valve body allows, Second and Reverse.

I'd guess that your problem was caused by "driving" the car while it was off the ground. The tranny's in the H-Body vehicles just don't like to be toyed with, they are VERY sensitive... If you don't have any future problems with the tranny entering limp-in mode, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply to
FeMaster

sqdancerLynn

Reply to