maxpower

Check your timing belt tension, and also make sure the damper pulley is TIGHT on the crank. I have seen timing variation due to a loose belt - and I have seen the damper come off -----.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

By the way, the ones I saw the timing jump on with the loose belt were a little earlier versions - like 1988 (Pre OBD2)

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Until you disconnect the coolant temp sensor it will jump around!!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks, I'd noted it is consistent w/ coolant sensor disconnected but thought maybe the computer was acting odd Since I've only seen this one I didn't have anything to compare it with. bob

Reply to
bobQ