97 stratus brake lights

i am having problems with my 97 4 door stratus brake lights. both sides do not work but the trunk lid brake light does work. can someone please tell me where to start looking? if the trunk lid brake light works there must be a connection where they all start...right? i cannot afford to have a mechanic track down the problem. many thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Have you checked the bulbs yet ? That would be the place to start.

Reply to
Mike