98 Ram 4x4 Shocks and Tires

Been lurking for several years and haven't posted very much stuff so out of lurk mode.

WAPITA! I guess I can't complain since they are original 112K on the odometer. Soaked the crap out of all bolts with PJ-1 for two days it helped but still the front shocks were a bear. The design of the upper shock mounting system is not bad, but when you put AC lines on one side and brake lines and wires on the other side in the way what the heck is up with that. The rears shocks were a piece of cake compared to the front shocks. Also, installed some Perelli Scorpion ATR 265/75-16 over the weekend. The last set were Goodyear 235/75-16 had 40K on them but were not very good on wet pavement from day one.

I love this truck 318 v-8, 5-speed transmission std cab, short bed a good solid truck all around. Last year (100K) I dropped the transmission the clutch was starting to slip and I had been pretty brutal on the clutch during off roading over the years. Yep the clutch plates were shot and the flywheel needed to be resurfaced glad it wasn't warped. Well, since I had everything out I replaced the rear engine seal, front and rear transmission seals and the transfer case seals. I didn't replace the u-joints probably should have but they were in good shape and are easy to change. Unlike the shop manual I changed the supposed lift time transmission fluid at the same intervals as the transfer case.

I don't use the RAM as the daily driver anymore I use my motorcycle but in winter I revert back to the RAM. We don't get a lot of snow here in southern Maryland but when we do it can be a humdinger.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty