adding daytime running lights to a 2006 stratus

I want to install an aftermarket drl module to my 2006 stratus. I need to splice into the high beam wire going to one of the headlights. each light has 3 leads. Which color wire is the one for the high beam?

Reply to
slodog

The easy answer is... The one that shows voltage to ground when the high beams are on. In other words... buy yourself a $20 el-cheapo multimeter from Radio Shack and probe the damned connector! Christ, here's a guy who wants to wire in an electrical component and doesn't have the wherewithal to use a damned simple piece of diagnostic equipment to find out which circuit is energized under the desired operating conditions.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Reply to
slodog

the wire that has juice when you turn on the high beams but has no voltage on low beams is the correct wire. Plan B go to the public Library and get out the wiring diagram for your car.

Reply to
Les Benn

Didn't the module come with insructions (or a web site with instructions)?

Personally I wouldn't bother. I've driven bothe DRL equipped cars and non-DRL equipped card over the past 35+ years. People still pulled out in front and I was on the brakes just as often regardless. Made no difference that I could tell.

Reply to
jcr

Thanks for the response. The instructions say to splice into the high beam wire. The wiring schemetics from Haynes show all three wires but give no color codes at all. Drl's are the law in Canada

Reply to
slodog

Check with the dealer. I believe for late model Chrysler products, activating the DRL system is a simple programming change.

Reply to
jcr

I suggest you go to your friendly Chrysler service man and ask him (nicely) for a photocopy of the page in the Wiring Service manual with the appropriate wiring diagram. Also, be sure to get a copy of the page with the wire colour codes from the front of the Wiring Diagram manual.

And yes DRL have been the law an ALL new cars sold >>> > I want to install an aftermarket drl module to my 2006 stratus. I need

Thanks. Mike

(To reply by e-mail, replace all "x" with the first letter of my first name)

Reply to
Mike S