caravan air filter

Any one replaced air filter on 1997 dodge caravan?, how does the filter housing seperate, see no fasteners or locks, will not come apart.....help!

Reply to
shoeski

Are you looking at the right thing? because it is self explanatory when you see it.. Oh and by the way, What engine might you have????

Reply to
maxpower

Surely this filter has been replaced in the past 8 years!

Reply to
David

What would you guess, from a guy who can't even open the filter housing?

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks for all the smart ass remarks, lots of help, the filter housing halves seems to be glued together, yes glued together, I wasn't sure as I have never seen anything like this, thought someone may like to help, thanks to you that did, its a 3.0 engine, will just look for a salvage one and go from there

Reply to
shoeski

Reply to
Jair

I believe you aren't looking at the right thing, when you say "No clips or fasteners" because there are clips and fasteners (even if it was glued), The air cleaner is mounted behind the radiator under the battery. you have to remove the upper part (the part I think you may think is the air cleaner) to get to the lower box which is the air cleaner

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower