Daytime running lights stay on when engine is off

I have a 1990 Dynasty 3.3 litre engine and the daytime running lights have never worked since I bought the car about 3 years ago. Today my wife bumped into the rear bumper of a truck stopped at a light (long story) and since then the daytime running lights have been on and will not turn off, even with the engine off and the key out of the ignition. I suspect that they were disconnected at some point in the past because they were doing the same thing, and the jolt from the rear-ender today has moved something or ???? and re-connected something or ????

Can anyone tell me what to look for in the way of wiring harness, relay or other circuit so that I can figure out why this is happening?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Carman Easton

Probably a faulty DRL module.