Can't turn off daytime running lights on 2001 chevy impala

Help!!!! I have 2001 Chevy Impala and today I went to park car and cut it off and after about 20 minutes I noticed that the daytime running lights were still on ....I've tried everything to turn them off any suggestions for what the problem could be font want to leave lights on all night

Reply to
Stephanie

What does your owners manual have to say about them?

If push comes to shove, you could always remove a battery cable.

My money is on the the owners manual.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Probably nothing. This is a service problem and not a normal use problem. If he has a service manual he may find an answer.

I'd pull a fuse and not lose all the radio information and whatever else is lost. Pulling a cable on today's care can be a real PITA when you put it back.

Not mine. I'd bet on the service manual. Could be a sticking relay.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

DRL module may be bad. As Ed said, pull the fuse on the DRL module.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

And then throw it away.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

BCM controls DRL. And if you pull the DRL relay I think the headlamps don't work either, it's designed to not be easily disabled. But pulling the relay while parked overnight will keep the battery from dying until it can be diagnosed and repaired.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Interesting. Had not thought of the BCM.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

the wiring diagrams for the headlights and DRL on GM can make you dizzy in a hurry, but the "theory of operation" section explains it.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh