spam

In certain conditions (slushy slick roads) all ABS does is ensure that whatever you hit, you hit it squate. There are very valid reasons for disconnecting ABS under certain conditions.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Like what, for example?

Reply to
Dan C

WRONG!!! No lifetime warranty on the system

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Like I said - deep sloppy slush over hardpack. With ABS all 4 wheels start to slide and they release - and you keep on going. The brakes come back on, slip and release. Fifty feet later you are still sliding like a toboggan. Wirh no ABS the wheels stop turning and the tread gets a chance to bite down through the slop and at least one tire finally grabs pavement. You might slide towards the curb a bit untill the tire(s)grab(s) but you CAN release the brakes and regain control. Just takes a bit of brains. Can't heal and toe slide a FWD vehicle with ABS either - which is a handy way of getting control of a skid. Lock the back wheels enough to get them sliding while burning power through on the front(driving) wheels to pull you through. Used to do it a lot when rallying the old R12. First learned it on the Mini. No need to use the parking brake (which on too many cars is pedal operated and unuseable for this application) to get the rear end to slide out (induced overstear).

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

There is no warranty on a 1995 Caravan with 89,0000 miles for the ABS system. My reason to disable the system is that it is not working correctly and the estimated bill for repairs is $1500.00.

Reply to
arkville

There is no warranty on a 1995 Caravan with 89,0000 miles for the ABS system. My reason to disable the system is that it is not working correctly and the estimated bill for repairs is $1500.00.

What do you mean it isn't working properly??? This makes no sense at all. If the ABS is NOT working properly.....then it isn't working at all, therefore you have a base braking system anyhow!!! Why would you want to remove something that wont effect the way the vehicle stops unless it is needed??? But your right, it is a dumb question. What is wrong with the vehicle?