1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan and I need to replace the Vehicle Speed Sensor. I bought the part, but am unable to find where it goes. I am pretty new to repairing my own vehicle so if you know where this part is please be very descriptive. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike

I have a 97 dodge grand caravan, so I am going by what the manual says for this year, but I would *think* that it is located in the same place.... It is where the transaxle is.. the proceedure says as follows:

1) remove harness connector from sensor. Make sure wetherseal stays on harness conector. 2) Remove bolt securing the sensor in the extention housing. 3) Carefully pull sensor and pinion gear assembly out of extention housing. 4) Remove pinion gear from sensor.

To Install:

1) reverse the proceedure... make sure extention housing and sensor flange are clean prior to installation. ALWAYS use a new sensor o-ring. 2) Tighten bolt to 7 N-m (60 in lbs) tighten speedometer cable to 4 N m (35 in lbs).

It sounds like it is where the speedo cable goes into the transaxle....

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear