Engine stalls with air compressor on

2002 Stratus R/T 3.0. Auto tranny

Engine stalls with air compressor on. Engine idle drops, does not increase with compressor on Which switch controls the increased idle function?

Gordon

Could be a bad idle air control motor; does the idle increase when you turn the steering wheel while parked?

Reply to
dotsdave

Didn't notice this behavior. Is this motor located on the side of the throttle body?

Reply to
Gordon

there are also some vacuum check valves in there somewhere that have something to do with this issue. I have no idea where they are on your vehicle but on my Dakota they are located near the firewall and brake booster. They are little round plastic looking things with small vacuum hoses attached to them. They allow vacuum to flow in only one direction. If they leak or don't completely stop the flow of vacuum you will have the same behavior.

Reply to
Abby Normal