uccoskun

Or a bad pressure regulator??? (unless it is a "dead end" system)

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I bought the van and the oil is cleaning up.

Upon getting it home, I put a better oil filter on (Pure One) and replaced one quart of oil with an additive (Rislone) which further increases the detergent effect of the oil. I changed the oil after only 600 miles. I kept a sample of the oil and it looked better than the first oil change did after only 50 miles.

I have now driven the van about 1500 miles after the last oil change and the oil looks pretty good. I will change it again at about 3000 miles or so and then get back to a 5000 mile service interval. I have just passed 60,000 miles and am running the High Mileage oil formula of Castrol GTX and will continue with the smaller micron rated Purolator filter.

Reply to
HKEK