factory-built Grand Caravan

If dealer cannot locate a Grand Caravan of the specifications agreed on at the time of sale, and eventually needs to have this vehicle built by factory, how long does this usually take?

Reply to
namsilat

8-10 weeks barring strikes, and railroad delays, etc.. I picked up my special order a couple of weeks ago. There were options and color combinations that I wanted that were not among those that the local dealers had on hand.. The manufacturers window sticker will say "This vehicle was built for

BTW, after test driving the model I wanted, I dealt entirely with the fleet manager per arrangements with my credit union. I decided on the dealer based on distance to my workplace, convenient service hours and reputation. Straight up pricing, no upsell, no hassles with dealer add-ons. No wasting time with the salesman's sucessive trips to his manager to get the deal OK'ed, and no hassles with the financing, as I was pre-approved by the CU. He worked up the order with the options I wanted, and the pricing on his sheet matched the data I got online. We worked out the differences, and I was very comfortable with the deal.

.
Reply to
QX

I was told 3 to 4 months but was lucky found exactly what I wanted at another dealer, so they had it picked up and shipped to my dealer...

Pete...

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

My concern with the delay is that the dealer may change the terms of the agreement months later, the incentives, the trade-in value, etc. With hundreds of vehicles built per work shift at the factory, I am amazed that they have such a long back log on orders. That's literally tens of thousands of vehicles on the waiting order.

Reply to
namsilat

Thats what contracts are for. Any factory rebates and incentives at time of order are still valid upon delivery.

Reply to
miles

well I got mine when they 1st came out. so could be the reason for the longer wait. bets it wouldnt be that long now.......

Pete...

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

Exactly what happened when I ordered. The incentives were higher at the time of order, and they were applied as such at time of purchase. Dodge did change one thing after I ordered, which was the introduction of the SE Value Edition, but that was of no consequence to me as I was ordering an higher option level.

Reply to
QX