One more problem with my 98 Caravan that perplexes me (actually a few,
but I'll keep it to one problem per post).
I never had any trouble with plugging stuff into the "cigarette
lighter" outlet until the last couple of months. I have a small
compressor to put air in the tires, one of those tiny ones you get at
the discount store for $10 or $15. Used to be no problem, now it keeps
blowing the 20A fuse is the bank of fuses, etc, under the hood, I also
tried my laptop using a small 125 or 150W power inverter, and that
blows the fuse. The laptop itseld is only rated something like 75W. I
realize that I can get the outlet direct wired to the battery with a
fuse, but concerned about what's making these blow in the first place.
It says it takes a 20A fuse, and I been thru a bunch of them already.
My radar detector works fine in the outlet. Just the other stuff blows
the fuse now. Thanks much.