E21 fuse keeps blowing

Hi all,

The fuse that the gas gauge, coolant gauge and back-up lights on my

1981 320is keeps blowing for some reason. It's either fuse #8 or #10, I can't remember. I can't figure out why the fuse keeps blowing. I can put one in and know how much gas I have and the engine temperature, and then the fuse blows within minutes. Could a bad coolant temperature sender be causing the fuse to blow? Thanks.
Reply to
PaulG

Sure does sound like a short. These can be very difficult to debug. A bad sensor of any kind might cause the problem. But, I would not replace any sensor without knowing that it was bad. The short could also be the caused by a problem with the cable somewhere. However, it is most unlikely that a fuse blows for no reason. Jim

Reply to
Jim