How can I fix the darn wiper on thwe Pass side?

The arm keeps falling off the splined shaft. I have hammered the damn thing back together; it works from 3 weeks to 3 minutes. There is not enough room to groove the thing and put a circlip on it, or even to shove a push-nut on it.

The van is old, it's ready for retirement in April, when the sticker expires. But it's winter and I need wipers! Any suggestions to limp it through another 80 days? I have even run a bolt and drilled out the top of the wiper arm, and that didn't work either!

Thanks!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wonder what kind of van this is?

Reply to
maxpower

There you go getting technical on me again! It's my '92 POS, er, Grand Voyager. And, after reading it over, it is the arm and the splined shaft *under* the cowl cover, not the wiper arm itself.

Sorry!

Reply to
Hachiroku