Idle air control motor?

hello on my 1998 dodge stratus with the v6 I'm having an idle problem. sometimes once the car warms up it will idle around 750rpm and other times it stays around 1500rpm I checked the iac motor off the car with the electrical connector on it and I did see movement by the plunger but how much is it suppose to move in or out? the car was cold and I saw it move maybe 1/2 inch or so.my Haynes book says if it moves it probably is ok,and at $130.00 I don't want to rush changing it. thanks Randy

Reply to
randy pape

Since you indicate that "sometimes the idle is around 750rpm and other times it stays around 1500rpm." I would tend to look at the wiring for a short or bad connection, maybe when you checked the IAC it was the "sometimes" --J

randy pape wrote:

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

thanks for the reply, some people are leaning towards a vacuum leak. i'll check it out.

Reply to
randy pape

it was the oil pressure switch. the engine is fine :-)

Reply to
randy pape

Try again, the oil pressure switch has nothing to do with an idle problem

Reply to
maxpower