Intermittant problem with power sliding door on '01 Grand Caravan

I'm having trouble with the power sliding door on our '01 Grand Caravan. It always closes ok, but won't always open. Hitting the "open" button, either on the console, the doorjamb, or the remote results in the door kicking out as if it's going to open, and I can hear the motor kick in, but then the motor stops without moving the door. It seems to do this more frequently when it's cold out (Chicago winter), or when the van has been sitting overnight.

Google turned up this newsgroup, but I haven't yet found a previous message mentioning a problem like this. Suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
dgersic

Hi, thanks for the followup. It does pop, but doesn't move, so I'll go after the latch first. Could it just be that it needs to be cleaned and greased? Or could the spring that pops it out be getting weak?

Reply to
dgersic

I don't have the original post to follow up on. You must have posted long ago and are now just replying back. There are no adjustments on the sliding door latch for a power door opening problem

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower