2005 Power Sliding Door Problems

Every once in a while, the power sliding door on the right side will not function. It will not work using the console button, the door jam button or the remote. The motor on the rear of the door that pulls the rear of the door flush also does not function. This only has happened when the door is open, after being opened with the remote. I can't get it into the dealer for at least another week or so, but I thought I would see if there were any suggestions or people that have had similar problems.

Reply to
Caravandad

Sorry about the mix up. The above problem is on a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT.

Reply to
Caravandad

"Caravandad" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sounds like when it opens the door using the motor it is halting before hitting the stop. Then when you try to close it the computer thinks the door is obstructed and refuses to open/close.

Next time it happens, manully unlatch and slide it partway shut, then slide it all the way open until it latches fully open -- then try the motorized mechanism again.

Reply to
Steph