Low fluid levels?

Pretend I don't know anything about cars...

My wife's 2001 Grand Caravan squeeled when she turned and it was cold. I found the power steering fluid was almost at the bottom of the plastic bowl. I filled it to the fill line. While I was in there I check the other fluids and found the coolant was very low also; so I filled that also.

I have never had to add PSF in 31 years, and I don't think I have added coolant in over 10 years; so I am a little concerned about these losses. (I used to add coolant all the time; they must have improved something. But that's another question.)

That was 2 days and 40 miles ago. The levels are still where I left them. Does this call for any attention, or should I just check them now and then?

Reply to
toller

have you ever taken the vehicle in to one of those quickie lube places for an oil change? or to a mechanic for anything? I am not accusing anyone of anything but it is possible someone is hoping for repeat business.

Reply to
Abby Normal

You dont state what engine you have but the 3.3 had intake problems that would cause the coolant to go low, check under vehicle for any P/S fluid

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower