Maxpower - heat problem

Yes, the heater hoses both seem to be hot. What should I try next? The weather was colder today (below 30) and the cabin barely got warm. Any help is appreciated. I posted to my previous post also! Here it my previous post:

Hey all! I have been posting - see previous post for information. '99

Plymouth Grand Voyager with 105,000 miles. 3.3 L motor. Here's my problem:

I Replaced thermostat weeks ago - still no heat Then flushed system including heat core - had a full stream of water coming from it. When doing this I noticed a leak in the water pump and had it replaced also. Still not much heat to speak of, but does seem a tad or wee bit warmer. NOT NOW THAT THE TEMPS HAVE DROPPED AGAIN!! What to do now? Do I still need to bleed the system through the heat sensor???? How can I do this? I tried to loosen the nut head under the sensor but it would not budge. Is there a special tool?

Appreciate your time and help! THANKS!

One question........ is the heater hose going into the firewall as hot as the one coming out at operating temp?

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

Have you checked the blend doors to make sure there is air going through the heater core? Sounds like the heat door is stuck and isn't allowing much air through.

Reply to
Steve W.

If the heater hoses are hot going in and hot going out you don't have a problem outside or in the engine. You have a problem in the dash with one of the blend doors not working properly. A scan tool at the dealer would verify if the doors are closing and opening as they should. Or you may have an issue with the control head and once again a scan tool would verify that

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thank you, Glenn! I appreciate your time. I will talk with a dealer and let them find the problem. Appreciate your help!

Jon

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

Glenn,

I just had it tested today and the tech said it was a faulty thermostat - even though it was just replaced less that three weeks ago. It is opening at 160 degrees instead of opening at 195 degrees. I will be getting it in soon and hopefully this will finally solve my problem. Thanks!

Jon

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

Then the heater hoses would not have been very hot

Reply to
maxpower

Just had the thermostat replaced with a genuine MOPAR. Still no better. The technician was sure this was the problem. What to do now? He too is out of next options. Everything else (according to him) checks out fine. Where should I look now???

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

Read my first post to you

Reply to
maxpower

Finally had the system checked and had the heater core flushed. Now we have great heat. 153 degree temperature. YAHOO!!!

Reply to
thegospelmagicman