engine

I have a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan since Nov2004. I just got around to changing the oil for the first time. When the oil filter was being removed there was a bit of pressure released and now the engine won't start. The spark plugs work, I smell fuel in a cylinder so I know fuel pump must be working, I see pulleys spinning but still the engine won't start. Do I need a new oil sensor or is my engine locked?

Reply to
busymama

Sorry but this makes no sense to me at all. How can the engine be locked up if you say you see pulley's turning? Are you saying you changed the filter with the engine running?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sounds like you need a real mechanic. First off the engine CANNOT be locked if you see it turning. Also there shouldn't be pressure in the oil filter.

Reply to
Steve W.

They are saying they tried to finely change the oil once, since new. Only 13 months! wow. Did the fact that you only drained an ounce of oil out of the crankcase tell you anything? Or did you just change the oil filter?

Reply to
harts