Neon - rapidly blinking turn signal - diagnosis?

Does anyone know what might be wrong with the right turn signal in my '96 Plymouth Neon.

When I activate the right-turn signal lever, the dashboard signal flashes more much rapidly than normal. Outside, the right front turn signal light also flashes more rapidly -- but the rear exterior turn signal light doesn't flash at all.

This problem has never occurred before -- and seems to have developed "overnight." (Actually, I noticed it when I picked up my car today from the underground garage where I keep it. It's been about a month since I drove it.)

The left turn signals are all working normally (inside and outside).

I have to take the car in for its annual inspection. But before I do, I'd like to have an idea about what might be wrong with the turn signal -- and how much it might cost to fix it.

I'll be taking it to a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealership in Manhattan -- and I'm sure they'll charge me "top dollar" for anything that needs to be fixed.

So I'd appreciate hearing any comments that might be helpful in this situation.

Thanks.

-- Felicia

Reply to
Neon96

The rear bulb is burned out. Replace it and the signal will flash normally again.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I expect you are right, but on my VW Golf, a new bulb did not help; the bulb holder was defective. I didn't feel like spending $50 for a replacement so I put some solder on the bulb to make it thicker. It then made good contact contact. Alls well that ends well.

Reply to
John Smith