Help: Turning signal ticks too fast!

A few days ago, I posted an issue of keyless entry stopped working for a

1996 I30. I still have not figured that out. At the mean time, I noticed that left signal ticks about twice faster than it's supposed to be. Right signal still works as before. Apparently, something in the electrical system went wrong. Could someone give a clue or point to right direction how to check?

Thanks. Juping

Reply to
Juping Jin

I don't know if this applies to your vehicle.. however in my old 1992 Toyota Corolla.. the same issue occurred and it was that the actual front signal light was out. When I replaced it the clicking went back to it's regular ticking pace. Just posting in case it is something as simple as that and not electrical. Fingers crossed for you.

C.H.

Reply to
C.H.

Check the left side turn signal bulbs.

I30. I still have not figured that out. At the mean

be. Right signal still works as before. Apparently,

point to right direction how to check?

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

I just went to my car and test the bulbs. Interestingly, now the turning signal ticks at normal speed and signal bulbs are alright. I will keep an eye on it when it happens again. Hopefully it is just a bulb issue.

Thanks for all helps.

Reply to
Juping Jin

Juping Jin cried out

Bulb where either the filiment recontacted reclosing the circuit or a socket is going bad, that happend on my work truck (2002 Isuzu NPR Boxtruck) Front passenger side socket was going bad, replaced the socket and no more problems.

Reply to
Rosco

Burned out bulbs don't fix themselves, so it's not a burned out bulb.

Maybe a bad connection (loose bulb, corroded bulb socket, lose plug).

ticks at normal speed and signal bulbs are alright.

I30. I still have not figured that out. At the mean

to be. Right signal still works as before.

a clue or point to right direction how to check?

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Actually it's very comon for the filiment to be broken and hitting a bump can make the ends retouch and reconnect "fixing" the burned out bulb for a short time.

Reply to
Steve T

Besides the other suggestions mentioned, it could be moisture in the lamp socket.

Reply to
willshak

Depends on flasher type. Apart from squirrels, possibilities:

- Lamp(s) blown, connector off; = less load with electronics flasher.

- Short circuit (water in lamp assy?); = more load with old electromech bi-metal flasher.

Reply to
Wiikinki

The fast clicking on the signal lights, usually means that there is a lamp bunt out. I have also had a lamp have the contacts in to the socket become oxidized a little, thus causing poor contact. Cleaning the contacts on both the lamp, and in the socket, fixed things.

Reply to
JANA

Sometimes the filament burns out real close to the mount and through vibration re-connects and the spark makes a small weld and the bulb works for a while longer.

If you want, we can even figure out if you had your brake lights on before the crash or after.

rtt

signal ticks at normal speed and signal bulbs are alright.

1996 I30. I still have not figured that out. At the mean

supposed to be. Right signal still works as before.

give a clue or point to right direction how to check?

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

'96 I30 has turn illumination lights (bright white light that illuminates the turn, they are adjacent to the fog lights in the lower corners of the front bumper) as well as the blinking lights. Maybe one of the cornering lights is out?

Reply to
E Meyer

Typically a fast signal indicates that one of the turn lamps needs replaced.

Willy

Reply to
Willy