Ohh...What a Pleasant Surprise!

Old school car fans video for viewing pleasure.

Bubba Obama

Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice the old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.

Tim

No I think that is the same VW bug that was a plant that was put there as they redid the scenes. A lot of old 1950s cars were still plentiful on the streets in 1968 though.

Reply to
Bubba Obama

Even a couple of 1940s cars cruising the streets back then too, saw a 1930s car parked on the street. Bill Hickman is the driver of the Charger and was one of Hollywoods best stunt drivers at the time. Steve McQueen kept messing up and ended up not doing all of his driving just the closeup. McQueen admitted that he was probably Hollywoods worst stunt drivers while giving Hickman top honors. By the way the Charger was an all stock 440 and the mustang was a 390 with ported heads and other mods yet the Charger was said to still run circles around the Mustang. The Charger had to slow down to have the Mustang keep up.

Reply to
Bubba Obama

Todays cars are a lot better built than those, but those cars have a hell of a lot more character. Even the scenery of the old cars crusing the streets back then seem to have more character and color. Todays cars are just boring right down to the dull metallic finishes. Those cars remind me of WW2 fighter planes, not very fuel efficient, and little ruff around the edges but cool and they got the job done.

Reply to
Marko

I never buy film DVD's. Concert DVD's, yes, but not films. Bullitt is the exception. Let me tell you that listening to the car chase on my sound system is quite an experience. I just hope that some movie director decides to do a remake so we can watch it in HD and listen to it in high quality audio.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

MOPAR U L E S

Reply to
QX

I have driven a 69 390 Mustang with a Fo' on the Flo' and I thought it was quick as hell, although I didn't have the oportunity to really wind it out. I spoke to someone who owned a 69 440 Dodge RT and he said it would hit

160mph. And that was with only Fo' speeds. I personally owned a 69 Ply. RoadRunner with a 383 with an auto trans and got it up to about 115mph. Sure it kept climbing but I didnt want to go any faster, it had about 100k miles or more on it at the time and the steering gearbox was a bit loose at the car began to float like a boat.
Reply to
A boy named Soo