ADMIT IT!

*puff puff pant pant*Look at that stock articulation. YOU ALL know this car needs someknobby tires and a little fender trimming here and there. The car isbegging to be LCB Jr and have its own website. Just think of theADVENTURES we could all share. *sniffle*And yet.... no? Destined to remain a stocker that slowly rusts awayin the back yard? The fate of this car is in RAMVA's hands. I droveit to/from work today and the motor spins like a top. It's beggingfor a challenge other than keeping up with the 80 mph traffic (noproblem) on the work commute. Let's crack open that sunroof, put someknobby tires on it, and get it MUDDY. My back-yard is the passagewayto some awesome power-line trails... and a river... I wonder if Icould drive across the river in LCB Jr? Hmmmm........

Reply to
Shag

It's begging for a body lift and taller knobby tires under the stock fenders. Andy

Reply to
Busman

Here's a video of my car to help sway things off the beaten path...

Project Magnet #1

DAMN! I was about to write that when I noticed your post!

Destiny Travis, there is no denying it..

A bolt-on on bodylift kit, goes between floorpan and body, keeps things stock. AND will give you that Type 60, Type 87(877), Type 82E look also known as a Kommandeur wagen. Some tall but fairly skinny deep-threaded tires, and a coat of flat black or brown(sand) paint.

The only thing in need of mods(wich comes to mind) are the steering column and some wiring.

If you want a taller look and gain some ground clearance, you could add an adjustable front beam and a Type 2 transmission with reduction boxes.

Exellent project, easy and fairly quick, not expensive either.

I'll see if I can dig up some links with pictures.

Jørn.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Not the best pics here, but gives you an idea:

Picture of a plastic model kit:
A Kommandeur wagen on Wikipedia:
Type 82E and Kubelwagen on Wikipedia:
Really good pictures of restored cars:
J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

=A0

.

Do it Shag! The postings have been boring and I know you know how to relate an adventure complete with pictures. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Any updates on the garage I might have missed? Since you are looking into a new project I mean.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Shop is *almost* finished. If the weather cooperates with me this weekend (and it looks like it's going to) then I will finish it enough to call for the final inspection. About half of the soffit is left to be done, a little bit more trim, and a little bit more paint. Here's the most recent pic of it that I just took:

'm still not sure I like the black vertical trim. May repaint thatwhite. After final inspection I'm going to add at least two windows,2 gable vents, enclose a 12X10 room inside and insulate it (to use asa home-office), run electrical out to it, build a bunch of shelves onthe walls, and a few other small things.

Reply to
Shag

Ah, you tease..

8P

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Come on Travis you know you want to and I have the fiber glass kit.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Or you can purchase this already done Camo Baja on the Samba and keep the other one as a daily driver Here is the link.

Bill Berckman

I'd sell you my camo Baja Bug for that price too. I've put more into the engine and less into the interior and it's a going machine.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W