maxpower

Wax pellet controlled choke, with a gear drive on the fast idle cam from what I remember of my 95 LeBaron. Tricky to set up properly, and not terribly reliable at the best of times. I know guys have put Holley Weber carbs from 2300 fords or Vegas on and had significant improvements, across the board. Better driveability and fuel economy with definitely no loss of power (perhaps an improvement)

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Hi!

Anyone want to buy one that works well enough to let the engine run? :-D

(Yes, that's a joke. Unless you really want one and make a corresponding offer!)

I'm not looking for a cut and dried solution to the problem, just some good hints that might give me some stepping stones into understanding just how this carburetor works. I'm not totally stupid (nor am I an expert) about these things, but this thing is making me feel that way.

Per your suggestion, I'll look at the throttle plate.

What does this talk about, and why would I want it? I'm not trying to be rude...I just want to know what it might have to say and what I might come away with.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

In all honesty you probably have problems with the Carb, I don't think you can get parts for this thing any more and if you can even get a reman carb it is probably going to be junk from an aftermarket supply house. There are to many things that can go wrong with this Carb. one is the wax pellet and many other problems. You may even have a vacuum leak somewhere else under the hood causing this problem.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower