1988-89 plymouth chrysler Reliant problems

hey everyone, I have a reliant 2.5 liter four cylinder. 300,000 KILOMETERS (canadian) plus and am experiencing alot of problems (multiple) all at the same time. Leaking Radiator leaking under the engine still not able to pin point the leak, so am always applying stop leak every month. losing about 2 liters every 2nd day have to refill and top up water. I keep hearing a thumping or clunking sound in front end every time I steer and everytime I hit a bump in road. also a grinding sound follows I hope its not my struts and my wheel bearings going on theirway out? brakes are fine had a newer master cylinder installed this january.

I havent neglected this vehicle... I have done some oil changes,filter changes all wires changed,cap and rotor replaced aswell new spark plugs. it will be a year coming this june.

engine fluids are always keptup, however it runs and idols roughly according to temperature differences and changes. It really becomes sluggish if low on water, and since the radiator isnt working up to full capacity the alternator belt squeals like a screamin banshee. I have already gone thru 2 belts previously... the 3rd one seems to be staying and hangin around longer its about 3 months now sofar. Not really sure if I should put any more money into this vehicle or not? is it really worth it?

but besides all that other stuff the bodies in excellent condition no rust and no accidents. has a bit of a flaky roof I hated those materials used on roofs anyway, I prefer metal.

Reply to
downwithdodgeandchrysler

Well your coolant system ought to be pretty well clogged up by now! LOL!

Bill Putney

Well it plugs up and holds for a few days then it all lets go and starts leaking again.

Reply to
downwithdodgeandchrysler

No doubt, but you need to find the problem and fix it. My point was that in your effort to stop the leak, you are clogging up the internal parts of the system so that when you do get the leak fixed, you will potentially have an additional overheating problem created by the stop leak.

Bill Putney