87 plymouth reliant 2.5 wagon

Hello, I have a reliant "87" 2.5 with air. When I start the car it drives for about 10 mins. and stalls. I wait 4-5 mins. and it starts back up and runs o.k..What type of sensor should I replace or how do I know if it's the fuel pump.I'm on disability and can't really afford to take it to the service station.Also, If I let the car sit for several hours the whole riggamarole starts over. I'd appreciate any feed back. Thanks

Reply to
dumdum

One simple free diagnostic. Loosen the gas cap and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you have a vacuum in the tank and need a repair to the vapour recovery system (or in theory you could drill a hole in the cap, but I would never recommend such an illegal procedure).

Reply to
Dave Gower

Thanks for the info, turns out to be the choke pull off.

Reply to
dumdum

Uh, these were fuel injection cars, with no choke. But it could certainly be something connected to fuel mixture.

Reply to
Dave Gower