Re: Sorta ot...went to get my 'new' van today...

It's 150 miles from the NY line to Boston Harbor. Unless you're heading towards Rhode Island/Cape Cod. Then it's about 185 miles.

Reply to
Hachiroku

...120 miles from home. Didn't think you could go that

> far in Mass and not run into the ocean...

I think you're actually serious about not knowing that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Doesn't the emergency brake work?

Reply to
Fatter Than Ever Moe

And there's always the Fred Flinstone technique.

Reply to
danny burstein

doesn't sound quite rusty enough to pull a Flintstone.

ron

Reply to
ron

Um, with gas POURING out of the fuel filter, I didn't want to test that theory! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

The floors are acutally solid...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I had thought of that, too. If it had been ~35-40 miles I would have done it. 132 miles...uh, thanks, no... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Vice grips. Find where the line gets solid. Cut it off. Squeese it flat. bend it over. squeese it again. Clamp the vice grips on tight and tie to the frame. Drive the heap home.

Reply to
clare

I got stuck doing it on the 96 Mystique - broke down in Toronto on my eldest daughter. Went down with the van to see if I could fix it. Couldn't, so pinched off the line and drove it home to Waterloo on the

401. Left the van for the daughter, Before I could get the line fixed, that night I get a phone call. The darn van quit (blew the engine) 3/4 of the way to Toronto - so back on th 401 with only front brakes to go rescue her at about 11 pm. - and back home.

Total distance about 135 miles on the busyest highway in Canada.

Reply to
clare

Good thing it wasn't on Lakeshore Blvd sometime around July 17th! :)

Quite familiar with the 401...hit the highest speed I *EVER* went in a car on that road. Had a Honda Prelude and a Volvo Bertone BLAST past me, so I took my 1985 Corolla GTS w/10,000 miles on it for a run. When I hit 128 MPH the Honda and the Bertone were STILL pulling away from me, so I figured I better back it down. 75 (120) sure felt SLOW!

Reply to
Hachiroku