Re: srt-4 passes '05 mustang GT

that's funny but be careful..........I don't want to read any more obituaries

Some of the nicest highways up in north central Alberta, Canada are the > secondary highway "backroads" which are flat, straight and allow plenty of > room for top speed due to their abstinence of law enforcement and low > traffic numbers. It was here where a stock 300HP '05 mustang GT took a > considerable spanking from an SRT-4. > As I was heading along my merry way at an effortless 80mph cruise in 5th > gear (overdrive), I happened to notice a vehicle up ahead that had made a > quick swerve around a road hogging chevrolet avalanche. Curious to see what > was doing this maneuvering, I accelerated to about 100mph, blew by the > avalanche before the driver knew I was even there, and came within a good > 300ft from the back of the dual tipped pipes of this contented Ford owner. > It was about at this time I'm sure that he had noticed my cross haired grill > creeping up from behind him. He started to lean on it until I was no longer > catching him. By this time, we were both easily at 100mph + and stayed like > that for a mile or so until another upcoming vehicle needed passing. He > slowed to 70mph and then when the coast was clear, pulled into the oncoming > lane of this 2 lane highway and booted it. Since I was behind him and > ensuring no other oncoming vehicles were approaching, I depressed the little > srt-4's accelerator and proceeded to pass this car with the mustang in WOT. > Now both in our proper lane and me in pursuit, we stayed into the throttle. > The mustang was pulling away from me at the initial pass and kept gaining > distance (although not that quickly) until its limiter started to kick in. > At this point, both cars were doing around 135mph with no obstructions > ahead. Now at 140 the tail of the mustang was starting to approach, while > the SRT kept gaining! > 141...142....143.....144......145!....and still had pedal to go! A > progressing swerve into the passing lane at 145mph, the Z rated tires gluing > to the road, I came up along beside the 'stang and still he was not letting > up or backing off. I drove around him and stayed into it at 145 and pulling > away. I was about 5 vehicle lengths in front of him when he finally let off > and conceated defeat from a 4 cylinder neon. > True backwoods roadracing at its best. > Let this be a lesson to you stock GT Mustang owners out there! > You mess with a RAM and you'll get the horns! ;-) > >
Reply to
rob

A good story for rec.autos.driving.

Reply to