Truck being towed to shop tomorrow, question

While driving my truck, it just "cut out". It's a 1996 dodge ram 2500

4x w/ 90,000 miles.

I coasted over and tried to start it, no luck. I had it towed home.

From the beginning I thought it was the fuel pump, but I did test the

battery, fuses and relay(s).

Tomorrow it's getting towed to a shop (I trust), my question is; can it be anything other than the fuel pump?

There is fuel, about 10 gallons (I put in some "dry gas" and 2 more gallons just incase it's bad gas). I do not hear the fuel pump "wiz" on when I turn the key.

Can else can it be? I will have the shop check it out, I trust them, but I don't want to go through the "parts replacement" guessing game.

One thing to note, for the past 2 weeks prior the truck wouldn'd start on the first key turn (a sign the pump is going bad?), but always on the second (the truck has new plugs, but not a new distributer). Could something be wrong with the spark/wires/etc?

thanks for your help.

Reply to
peterdc100

It could be anyone of those things you mentioned. If the truck slowly lost power and then finally quit I would say it is a good chance that it is fuel related. If it just shut down without warning like a lite switch you will more then likely have another problem. A simple fuel pump test by the technician will confirm this if the truck doesnt start when he/she checks it out.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname