what transmission flued use in '94 3.3 V6 tran?

Hi, I have a 1994 Caravan Grande LE with 180,000 miles on it. It needs some tranny fluid. I went to AutoZone and they didn't have anything specifically for Dodge transmissions. They had fluid that said it was for early fords and Gm's, but nothing that said dodge or chrysler. The best the counter guy could come up with, according to his data base, was Castrol's Domestic Multi-Vehicle ATF, it too had written on the front of the bottle, "for early fords and GM's." Before I put it in, I thought I'd check and see what you guys think about it. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
~Mike Hollywood

Don't do it! You want to have the right thing for that particular transmission. I think it's ATF+4, but I'm not positive...hopefully someone else here can tell you for sure...or call your local Dodge dealer to check...

Wesley

specifically

Reply to
Wesley

hey Wesley, Sometimes the obvious escapes me! Thanks, I'll check with a dealer tomorrow. Mike

Reply to
~Mike Hollywood

I called the dealer and was told to use ATF +3 or higher. I called Castrol and they said to use either AFT+ 4, or their import multi-vehicle ATF which is +3. So, the one I bought is the wrong one.

Mike

Reply to
~Mike Hollywood

My brother in laws 2003 Caravan has been having brake problems. Brake pedal fades badly. Brake system has been bled repeatedly. Brake fluid changed. Master cylinder changed. Problem came back after 1-2 weeks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to
T MEROLLA

leaking brake line, leaking somewhere, look for drips. do you lose fluid?

Reply to
Les Benn

Define FADES New or used master cyl?????? If no fluid loss and the pedal goes down you either have a bad master or something mechanical is out of sorts - like an adjuster backwards, adjusting rear brakes down instead of up, or something like that.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca