Windshield Washer Freezeup

It seems that my washer squirters freeze up every time it get below about 30 degrees. I've got fluid supposed to be good to 20 degrees below yet, today, it is over 20 and nothing. This is on a 2002 Grand Caravan. I don't see this issue in the archives so maybe it is just me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Ed

I had the same problem (different vehicle) when I used convenience store variety washer. Changed to a higher grade brand and the problem was gone. Might cost an extra $1.

Reply to
Brad

Are you sure your last bottle wasn't "summer formula"? I got screwed with some of that junk from Wal-Mart a few years ago. Got down to about 20 degrees and it froze up. I ended up adding some prestone fancy stuff good to like -40 and added it in to help offset the other. I find it interesting that the "winter formula" bottle notes say that in the summer to dilute it half with water...ummm...yeah. So now I have to buy other places in the summer or stock up in the winter...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

\

You can always add a it of alcohol to it,(not Capt'n) that will aid in the freezing problem

Reply to
djobelius

Sometimes it's just the tip of the nozzle that freezes where the alcohol has evaporated, leaving only water near the orifice.

Reply to
cavedweller